SWC-CH Type Cardan Shaft
SWC-CH Cardan shaft is welded shaft type with long length compensation.
No machine element other than a Cardan shaft allows power transmission of torque between spatially offset driving and driven shafts whose position can be changed during operation.
Spatial angular motion and changes in axial length are ensured by advanced constructional elements.
Thus, Cardan shafts have become an indispensable transmission component in industrial production.
Typical applications: Steel mill machinery, paper mill machinery, levelers, marine propulsion, pumps, amusement rides, wastewater treatment.
1. Low life-cycle costs and long service life;
2. Increase productivity;
3. Professional and innovative solutions;
4. Reduce carbon dioxide emissions, environmental protection;
5. High torque capacity even at large deflection angles;
6. Easy to move and run smoothly;
| Rotational inertia
HangZhou CHINAMFG Machinery Manufacturing Co., Ltd. is a high-tech enterprise specializing in the design and manufacture of various types of coupling. There are 86 employees in our company, including 2 senior engineers and no fewer than 20 mechanical design and manufacture, heat treatment, welding, and other professionals.
Advanced and reasonable process, complete detection means. Our company actively introduces foreign advanced technology and equipment, on the basis of the condition, we make full use of the advantage and do more research and innovation. Strict to high quality and operate strictly in accordance with the ISO9000 quality certification system standard mode.
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in Cardan shafts relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a particular test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all customers with customized PDF or AI format artwork.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How long is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
|Standard Or Nonstandard:
|as Your Requirement
|as Your Requirement
|as Your Requirement
|as Your Requirement
How do cardan shafts handle variations in length and connection methods?
Cardan shafts are designed to handle variations in length and connection methods, allowing for flexibility in their installation and use. These shafts incorporate several features and mechanisms that enable them to accommodate different lengths and connection methods. Let’s explore how cardan shafts handle these variations:
1. Telescopic Design:
– Cardan shafts often employ a telescopic design, which consists of multiple sections that can slide in and out. These sections allow for adjustment of the overall length of the shaft to accommodate variations in distance between the driving and driven components. By telescoping the shaft, it can be extended or retracted as needed, ensuring proper alignment and power transmission.
2. Slip Yokes:
– Slip yokes are components used in cardan shafts that allow for axial movement. They are typically located at one or both ends of the telescopic sections. Slip yokes provide a sliding connection that compensates for changes in length and helps to maintain proper alignment between the driving and driven components. When the length of the shaft needs to change, the slip yokes slide along the shaft, allowing for the necessary adjustment without disrupting power transmission.
3. Flange Connections:
– Cardan shafts can utilize flange connections to attach the shaft to the driving and driven components. Flange connections provide a secure and rigid connection, ensuring efficient power transfer. The flanges are typically bolted or welded to the shaft and the corresponding components, such as the transmission, differential, or axle. Flange connections allow for easy installation and removal of the cardan shaft while maintaining stability and alignment.
4. Universal Joints:
– Universal joints, or U-joints, are essential components in cardan shafts that allow for angular misalignment between the driving and driven components. They consist of a cross-shaped yoke and needle bearings at each end. The universal joints provide flexibility and compensate for variations in angle and alignment. This flexibility enables cardan shafts to handle different connection methods, such as non-parallel or offset connections, while maintaining efficient power transmission.
5. Splined Connections:
– Some cardan shafts employ splined connections, where the shaft and the driving/driven components have matching splined profiles. Splined connections provide a precise and secure connection that allows for torque transmission while accommodating length variations. The splined profiles enable the shaft to slide in and out, adjusting the length as needed while maintaining a positive connection.
6. Customization and Adaptable Designs:
– Cardan shafts can be customized and designed to handle specific variations in length and connection methods based on the requirements of the application. Manufacturers offer a range of cardan shaft options with different lengths, sizes, and connection configurations. By collaborating with cardan shaft manufacturers and suppliers, engineers can select or design shafts that match the specific needs of their systems, ensuring optimal performance and compatibility.
In summary, cardan shafts handle variations in length and connection methods through telescopic designs, slip yokes, flange connections, universal joints, splined connections, and customizable designs. These features allow the shafts to adjust their length, compensate for misalignment, and establish secure connections while maintaining efficient power transmission. By incorporating these mechanisms, cardan shafts offer flexibility and adaptability in various applications where length variations and different connection methods are encountered.
What safety precautions should be followed when working with cardan shafts?
Working with cardan shafts requires adherence to certain safety precautions to prevent accidents, injuries, and damage to equipment. Whether during installation, maintenance, or repair, it is essential to follow these safety guidelines:
1. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
– Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety glasses, gloves, and protective clothing. PPE helps protect against potential hazards such as flying debris, sharp edges, or contact with lubricants or chemicals.
2. Training and Familiarity:
– Ensure that personnel working with cardan shafts are adequately trained and familiar with the equipment and procedures involved. They should understand the potential hazards, safe operating practices, and emergency procedures.
3. Lockout/Tagout Procedures:
– Before working on cardan shafts, follow proper lockout/tagout procedures to isolate and de-energize the equipment. This prevents accidental activation or movement of the shaft while maintenance or repair activities are being performed.
4. Secure the Equipment:
– Before starting any work on the cardan shaft, ensure that the equipment or vehicle is securely supported and immobilized. This prevents unexpected movement or rotation of the shaft, reducing the risk of entanglement or injury.
– If working in enclosed spaces or areas with poor ventilation, ensure adequate ventilation or use appropriate respiratory protective equipment to avoid inhalation of harmful fumes, gases, or dust particles.
6. Proper Lifting Techniques:
– When handling heavy cardan shafts or components, use proper lifting techniques to avoid strains or injuries. Employ lifting equipment, such as cranes or hoists, where necessary, and ensure the load capacity is not exceeded.
7. Inspection and Maintenance:
– Regularly inspect the condition of the cardan shaft, including universal joints, slip yokes, and other components. Look for signs of wear, damage, or misalignment. Perform routine maintenance and lubrication as recommended by the manufacturer to ensure safe and efficient operation.
8. Avoid Exceeding Design Limits:
– Operate the cardan shaft within its specified design limits, including torque capacity, speed, and misalignment angles. Exceeding these limits can lead to premature wear, mechanical failure, and safety hazards.
9. Proper Disposal of Used Parts and Lubricants:
– Dispose of used parts, lubricants, and other waste materials in accordance with local regulations and environmental best practices. Follow proper disposal procedures to prevent pollution and potential harm to the environment.
10. Emergency Response:
– Be familiar with emergency response procedures, including first aid, fire prevention, and evacuation plans. Maintain access to emergency contact information and necessary safety equipment, such as fire extinguishers, in the vicinity of the work area.
It is important to note that the above safety precautions serve as general guidelines. Always refer to specific safety guidelines provided by the manufacturer of the cardan shaft or equipment for any additional precautions or recommendations.
By following these safety precautions, individuals working with cardan shafts can minimize the risks associated with their operation and ensure a safe working environment.
Can you explain the components and structure of a cardan shaft system?
A cardan shaft system, also known as a propeller shaft or drive shaft, consists of several components that work together to transmit torque and rotational power between non-aligned components. The structure of a cardan shaft system typically includes the following components:
1. Shaft Tubes:
– The shaft tubes are the main structural elements of a cardan shaft system. They are cylindrical tubes made of durable and high-strength materials such as steel or aluminum alloy. The shaft tubes provide the backbone of the system and are responsible for transmitting torque and rotational power. They are designed to withstand high loads and torsional forces without deformation or failure.
2. Universal Joints:
– Universal joints, also known as U-joints or Cardan joints, are crucial components of a cardan shaft system. They are used to connect and articulate the shaft tubes, allowing for angular misalignment between the driving and driven components. Universal joints consist of a cross-shaped yoke with needle bearings at each end. The yoke connects the shaft tubes, while the needle bearings enable the rotational motion and flexibility required for misalignment compensation. Universal joints allow the cardan shaft system to transmit torque even when the driving and driven components are not perfectly aligned.
3. Slip Yokes:
– Slip yokes are components used in cardan shaft systems that can accommodate axial misalignment. They are typically located at one or both ends of the shaft tubes and provide a sliding connection between the shaft and the driving or driven component. Slip yokes allow the shaft to adjust its length and compensate for changes in the distance between the components. This feature is particularly useful in applications where the distance between the driving and driven components can vary, such as vehicles with adjustable wheelbases or machinery with variable attachment points.
4. Flanges and Yokes:
– Flanges and yokes are used to connect the cardan shaft system to the driving and driven components. Flanges are typically bolted or welded to the ends of the shaft tubes and provide a secure connection point. They have a flange face with bolt holes that align with the corresponding flange on the driving or driven component. Yokes, on the other hand, are cross-shaped components that connect the universal joints to the flanges. They have holes or grooves that accommodate the needle bearings of the universal joints, allowing for rotational motion and torque transfer.
5. Balancing Weights:
– Balancing weights are used to balance the cardan shaft system and minimize vibrations. As the shaft rotates, imbalances in the mass distribution can lead to vibrations, noise, and reduced performance. Balancing weights are strategically placed along the shaft tubes to counterbalance these imbalances. They redistribute the mass, ensuring that the rotational components of the cardan shaft system are properly balanced. Proper balancing improves stability, reduces wear on bearings and other components, and enhances the overall performance and lifespan of the shaft system.
6. Safety Features:
– Some cardan shaft systems incorporate safety features to protect against mechanical failures. For example, protective guards or shielding may be installed to prevent contact with rotating components, reducing the risk of accidents or injuries. In applications where excessive forces or torques can occur, cardan shaft systems may include safety mechanisms such as shear pins or torque limiters. These features are designed to protect the shaft and other components from damage by shearing or disengaging in case of overload or excessive torque.
In summary, a cardan shaft system consists of shaft tubes, universal joints, slip yokes, flanges, and yokes, as well as balancing weights and safety features. These components work together to transmit torque and rotational power between non-aligned components, allowing for angular and axial misalignment compensation. The structure and components of a cardan shaft system are carefully designed to ensure efficient power transmission, flexibility, durability, and safety in various applications.
editor by CX 2023-12-01